Fourth Generation currently has the following openings:
Manufacturing/ERP Software Help Desk, Pre-Sales Engineer, Trainer
Fourth Generation Software is looking for a “Help Desk, Pre-Sales Engineer, Trainer” to provide Application End user level support and training for our customers and to assist our sales team by demonstrating the product to prospective customers and answering product questions. This position deals with the application issues (end user functionality) and does not require ‘under the hood’ computer expertise such as database administration, programming or complex software installation, however a general interest in technology is important and any experience in these areas is certainly a plus. Occasional travel (3 days per month or less) will be required. The position will also include a range of other duties on occasion such as software testing and software and problem resolution documentation.
The candidate will need to have a background using and/or supporting manufacturing, distribution, accounting and business software applications and will need to have good written and verbal communication skills and enjoy working with people. The ability to diagnose and solve problems is also a requirement.
Key Position Requirements
- Minimum 5 years Manufacturing/ERP software product knowledge/experience as end user or in software support role (required)
- A sound understanding of discrete manufacturing processes and functions
- Accounting software product knowledge/experience (very helpful)
- Wholesale distribution product knowledge/experience (very helpful)
- Comfortable working with new technologies and learning software systems
- Strong desire to provide excellent customer service
- Strong listening and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical users
- Experience working in or with Small or Medium sized businesses
- Team player, able to work well with sales personnel, project leaders, developers, and other technical support staff
- Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of an organization including top management, accounting managers and clerks, operations managers and end users, and technical staff
- Self starter, able to work independently with low supervision
- Excellent time-management skills
- Strong computer skills with Windows, Microsoft Office tools
- Minimum education (Typical): Bachelors Degree, any field, from a 4 year college or university. Education requirement may be waived for equivalent experience
- Candidate must have ability to quickly grasp a business issue in an environment where no 2 customers are alike
- Must be able to become very proficient with new software products quickly
- Able to conduct initial and in-depth product demonstrations
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Ability to enlist support from other team members when needed, but with a careful consideration of the use of these resources
- Must be detail oriented
- Multitasking and managing competing priorities will be essential talents for this position
Key Job Duties
- Application software helpdesk, call intake and resolution for all level 1 and level 2 issues and 25% of level 3 issues for all modules in the ERP package and for other End User products such as Crystal Report Writer and F9 Financial Report Writer
- Seek ways to reduce support issues by analyzing recurring issues for root cause to provide permanent solutions. Document issues in root cause and review resolution to make sure it fixes the issue
- Software demonstrations for prospective customers (under the direction of the sales department)
- Provide product information and pre-sales product support to the sales department and prospective customers
- Conduct end user training classes on the Fitrix ERP product line
- Work with engineering, technical support and other departments to ensure that course material reflects current product features
- Software testing (for new features added to our products and for custom projects for customers)
- Software documentation, both end user guides and training class materials
This is a salaried position (not a sales position or commission based)
How to Apply
- Applications without personalized cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered
- No phone calls please
- Submit cover letter and resume including salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Fourth Generation Software
Fourth Generation Software provides exact fit ERP (manufacturing, wholesale distribution, accounting and business) software solutions to Small/Medium Sized businesses throughout the U.S. and Canada. Our “Fitrix” Software products are typically customized to fit the exact requirements of businesses with revenues of $10MM to $100MM. Fourth Generation Software was founded in 1987 and we have an established base of long term satisfied customers in addition to the new businesses that put their trust in our products and team each year. Our team includes a full compliment of software development, service, and support staff, all with a high level of experience. Fourth Generation Software is committed to high standards, continual improvement, and excellent customer service.
Our offices is conveniently located in Atlanta, Georgia in the Galleria Office Park at I-285 and I-75 north. We provide a competitive salary and benefit package including an excellent health insurance package and subsidy, 401k with match, and excellent working environment.
Fourth Generation Software offers a nurturing company environment where every team member’s contributions are valued and recognized and we know all of our customers and they each consider us as part of their team.
About Our Software Products
Our product “Fitrix ERP” for Linux and UNIX server environments with Windows Thin Clients. The products including a high end SQL database (IBM/Informix), complete source code and software development tools for customizations. The software offers very robust technology, extreme scalability, high reliability, is highly modifiable, and has a very low total cost of ownership (TCO).